I am no Mister Universe, I was in great shape one summer, over 30 years ago. I recently challenged my daughter, or she challenged me – I don’t remember, to go out running. The only thing holding me back was that I didn’t own a decent pair of running sneakers, or any sneakers for that matter. So this past weekend my wife and I went shopping for sneakers.
The prices were ridiculous. I finally ended up buying a pair of 84.99 sneakers on Sunday. So Monday came and it was time for me to make good. I always track my workouts. In the past I have only used Endomondo Pro (which syncs nicely with MyFitnessPal Pro), but recently I started using Noom Coach Pro and decided to see how they would compare. I think they are approximately the same, but will have to do more testing.
A couple of things to keep in mind before your workout:
- get plenty of sleep – I didn’t and regretted it
- stretch beforehand or you may pull something
- Start by walking, then power walking then jogging and finally running (you don’t have to do this all at once)
- I forgot, and regretted not having a holder for my music, I ended up wearing a side pack.
- A decent set of headphones is a must – make sure they are comfortable and stay in your ears.
- If you wear glasses, something to keep them from slipping
Interesting little tidbit, my daughter was too tired to get up at 5:30 to go running, so I went by myself.